Here's what I did:
1. set up blog, and made it pretty and colourful using the 'add a gadget' feature (there are some cool gadgets out there, and some ...umm ... not so cool ones - you be the judge)
2. linked it to my facebook profile and fanpage using the funky new facebook widgets.
Quick how to:
- select the widget you want to add to your blog
- highlight the html text and copy
- go to your blog and into layout area
- click "add a gadget"
- find the gadget in the basics tab called "html/java script" - select
- paste the html you copied from the fb widget gallery into the txt body
- save changes, view your blog and sit back, quietly chuffed at how clever you are!
4. within minutes, I had my first reader response, who then retweeted the post to all her friends (bless you, Julie) and voila! the house is live!
So, thank you, fans and friends for demonstrating how quickly the internetworking system shares the love, and stay tuned... I'll be diving into the facebook fanpage scenario NEXT.